Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Spring Slaw

Mmm, so fresh and so tasty. I've heard this kind of dish referred to as an "Asian" slaw/salad, but that's silly and racist. Personally, it makes me think of springtime. Half approximated recipe, half list. Next time I make this I will measure everything and actually write out a proper recipe.
  • 1/2 to 1 jicama, grated
  • 1/2 a large red cabbage, shredded/chopped into lil bits
  • 1/2 large red onion, cut into thin slices
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced small
  • 3 celery stalks, cut into thin slices
  • 2-3 carrots, grated
  • 1 cucumber, sliced thin then cut into little sticks
  • 1/2 can garbanzo beans (maybe more? I don't remember)
  • crushed peanuts (pile em on
  • toasted sesame seeds
Dressing:
  • Rice wine vinegar
  • soy sauce/liquid aminos
  • agave nectar and/or brown sugar
  • fresh ginger, minced (not too much--it can be overpowering)
  • a little peanut butter
  • a little Sriracha



No comments:

Post a Comment